i cannot write

my mind is darkened

and my lips numbed

i am drowning

falling conciously

in the ocean of emptiness




come to me now

i cannot answer

the riddles of the roses

nor can i lend my ears

to the telltales of the winds




come to me now O

daughters of Mnemosyne

i cannot remember

the good old days

and the tango years

of my youth




In the News: Warrior poet to perform in Melbourne

East Timorese freedom fighter and likely first president Xanana Gusmao will visit Melbourne next month to perform a reading of his poetry. Full Article



Beatle Paul to read his poetry

LONDON, England -- Great Britain's National Poetry Day just got a high-profile boost.



Sir Paul McCartney will read from his poetry next month as part of the celebrations. The former Beatle will treat audiences to new material at the 21st Poetry Olympics on October 4, organizer Michael Horovitz said Sunday, The Associated Press reports.



McCartney has long written poetry, but he published his first poetry collection, "Blackbird Singing," last year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories