I attended a 2-day seminar (for free) at Heidelberg Philippines last March 1 & 2. My company sent me as one of the representatives despite the fact that it is far too unrelated to my job.

Anyways, I'm glad I participated in the said seminar. I acquired some basic knowledge and new skills about printing, cutting, folding, binding, etc. The only topic that I am familiar with is the Color Management in which I am already using / applying in web page design and in calibrating my computer screen and graphic softwares to get the ICC profile.

I didn't mind the European accent of the foreign speakers. I was not that interested in their lectures except for the two (out of 5) speakers who delivered their lectures quite eloquently. And yes, I kept on going back to the coffee table in-between lectures. (Yawns!)

No doubt that I was impressed with the modern printing machines exhibited in the showroom - the Polar cutter (manufactured in Poland), the GTO 52 (a 4-color printer that produces excellent prints), the computerized imagesetter, the so-called Delta Technology, and Heidelberg's Prosetter 52/74/102.

Are you still there?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories