lila

i saw a flower
nodding near a stream
wasting her sooteness
and her dreams
i bent to kiss
and stated my claim
i plucked and gave her
an arab name

for short a time
my lila faded young
i wrote her songs
but laid unsung
i penned my grief
in rhyming lines of woe
recite them
where my lila used to grow
in valleys veiled
where raging rivers run

then springtime came
in dewy gown
i found fair buds
and blumes a-swaying
where my lila was
once a-lying

why did i mope O
why did i grieve
allah knows when to rise her
from the grave


In the News: Study Finds Reciting Poetry Calms the Heart
While the rhythmic sounds of poetry may woo a lover's heart, it might also be healthy for the heart of the speaker, according to recent study findings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories