lila



i saw a flower

nodding near a stream

wasting her sooteness

and her dreams

i bent to kiss

and stated my claim

i plucked and gave her

an arab name



for short a time

my lila faded young

i wrote her songs

but laid unsung

i penned my grief

in rhyming lines of woe

recite them

where my lila used to grow

in valleys veiled

where raging rivers run



then springtime came

in dewy gown

i found fair buds

and blumes a-swaying

where my lila was

once a-lying



why did i mope O

why did i grieve

allah knows when to rise her

from the grave




In the News: Study Finds Reciting Poetry Calms the Heart

While the rhythmic sounds of poetry may woo a lover's heart, it might also be healthy for the heart of the speaker, according to recent study findings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories