I submitted some of my poems for possible inclusion in the forthcoming issue of Ygdrasil, A Journal of the Poetic Arts.

I found this verse in a pile of crumpled papers and old poems. This is a revised version but still a work-in-progress.

serenata

1.

the fancy of love is fled
like a moment of musing
now the heart is bled
i could hear the world laughing

2.

in smiles and laughter
in sighs and tears
my ciryl song well sung
and the thoughts were meant

my struggles and woes
the waves of years
in my tunnels deep
lonely hours spent

3.

where are you O
my Dawn of Red Idle Sun?
the morning garnet glow
i cannot feel O

fairest star do not
this poet's love shun
let live my hopes bound
in chain of metaphors

4.

open your pensive
ere it turns cold
sacred bows do not
my bosom hold

5.

where is your morrow
to is this lingering sorrow?
can it be far behind
where it should shine?

6.

too many a cold night
have i thought of thee
alone with me
in the fairy brae
but suddenly lost thee
when my dreams resigned

7.

what is the beauty of the sky
without the stars that shine at night
beloved, the stars are your eyes
if in reality you are mine
i shall grow in love with thee

8.

and when my time is fled
O Dawn of Red Idle Sun agleam
agleam upon my grave

if your heart lingers not
in that empty place
i shall be a dust
beneath a nameless tombstone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories