I'm back from a 2-day hiatus. While I was in Pangasinan I have had an opportunity to meet the DTI Director of Pangasinan and President of the Association of the Preservation of the Pangasinan Language, Jaime Lucas. I presented to him the first draft of my Pangasinan poetry collection entitled Pinabli tan arum niran tula and he assured me that he will help me publish my works into a book form. He also informed me that some of my poetry would be included in the forthcoming issue of the Balon Silew - the official publication of the Ulupan-Pangasinan.

On the other hand, some of my short poems are included in the October issue of Haiku Hut's Short Stuff.

cansion na sakey ya umpetek

masurin tuay kaoayan
ta no melag ni et isanglaw
no baleg la et isaklang
kalaben daray kumakaraw

linma ak dia kalabian
tinoor koy sipanan
amiddua ak lan simmegam
pitaoey moy undungaw

nen siak so apasnukan
ginuyor koy takayan
dinalolos koy dukulan
tinongtong koy kabaliksan

say kuan mo ya immebat
"ag ka dia bengat-bengat
no nasabian to ka nen amak
agko antay gaoaen to'd siak"

ibagam ed kinen amam
ta sikamin duay manbakal
ag kami met mansugatan
ta sikamin duay sankatulangan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories