I'm back from a 2-day hiatus. Anyway, let me just give you a summary of what transpired at the Literary Book Writing Seminar in PSU, Lingayen. I was greeted with warm welcome when I arrived at the venue of the seminar. I was ask to register and pay the registration fee in which I've not expected. Quite anxious to reach the 2nd floor of the HRM Training Center and thought of introducing myself to Dr. Andaya, the Director of External, Cultural and Performing Arts (PSU) and the editor of the Balon Silew. She and I exchanged email and text messages a couple of times. She did not, however, recall my name until Dir. Jaime P. Lucas introduced me to the rest of the workshop participants.

I was asked to say something about the current state of Pangasinan literature and to recite one of my Pangasinan poems. That I did.

The second day was just a series of literary lectures delivered by prominent Iluko writers. Pangasinan literature was not tackled though. The Association of Writers and Authors for Regional Development I (AWARD) launched the first issue of their quarterly magazine. The workshop ended with the distribution of certificates to the participants.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories