I received a call from UP Press regarding my book, Pinabli. They suggested that I should come out with a translation either in Filipino or in English. It would probably take me another year or so to have the translation, one thing more, I am already in the process of writing my second book. I don't want to let go of my Muse at the moment, so the translation will come later.



Anyway, I would surely rely now on funds to self-publish the book. It's not that I am in a hurry to publish this book. I believe this is the time for the Pangasinense writers to be heard however small our voice is.



FEL VII in Broome, Western Australia

The Foundations’ Seventh Conference will take place in Broome, on the western edge of the remote Kimberley area of Australia, on Mon 22 to Wed 24 Sept. 2003. The Conference Chair is Joseph Blythe. The theme will be Maintaining the Links: Language, Identity and the Land, looking at endangered languages’ links to their homelands, and how documentation can aid maintenance and revival.



The website for the conference has just been launched at: www.ogmios.org/conference/index.htm



The site includes conference & registration information, the programme, details of excursions and the call for papers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories