I am currently moving all my files to a new office computer. I've noticed that my new PC is kinda buggy. Will have to test it for a couple of weeks or so and if something goes wrong I will have to use the old one :)

I was able to attend the Ulupan meeting last Saturday in PSU Lingayen. There was a move to give warning to all absentee officers and members. Some of the elder umaanlong (poets) and writers are still against me on the aspect of literary reforms that I am proposing. There are those who believe that I am revolutionizing the Pangasinan literature. Well, I strongly believe that it's about time.

On the other hand, I emailed some of my kaluyagans and kabaleyans outside the country to seek some additional financial assistance for the printing cost of the Pinabli tan arum ni'ran Anlong. I am crossing my fingers and ardently hoping.

Will be in Pangasinan again on the 19th of the month to attend the AWARD meeting. We didn't have any for three consecutive months now. I'm also quite sure that the organizational meeting for the Pangasinan Council for the Culture & the Arts will push through on the 26th of July.

Two poems by Herminio S. Beltran, Jr.
Herminio S. Beltran Jr. has published two books of poetry in English, Filipino and Iluko: Bayambang (1991) and Lemlunay (2003). He has won awards for his poems and essays. Last year, he received the Gawad Alab ng Haraya from the National Commission of Culture and the Arts (NCCA) for Outstanding Series of Articles on Culture and the Arts published in his column “Panitikero” in Kabayan newspaper. He is the head of the NCCA National Committee on Literary Arts and director of the Literature Office of the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP). He edits Ani, the literary journal of the CCP and implements CCP’s literary workshops in different regions all over the country.

I've learned that Herminio S. Beltran Jr. is from Pangasinan and probably of Ilocano parentage. I'm not so sure if he speak my language and he has not difinitely brought any literary workshops in Pangasinan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories