I visited Solidaridad Publishing House yesterday hoping to see Sionil F. Jose in person. I am supposed to give him my book proposal but he was not around when I came. I left the poposal for my books, The Serpent Tongue and Malagilion despite the fact that the person in-charge of the bookshop told me that they're no longer into publishing. Anyway, will try to follow it up next week to find out if Sionil Jose has an inkling of interest to my proposal.



Also submitted some pages to Dr. R. David Zorc about Pangasinan conjunctions and affixes for the book I am writing & collaborating with a fellow Pangasinense for the McNeil Technologies. I hope to come out with something substantial in a couple of months or so.



And here is a sonnet for the Pangasinenses who believe that our literature is going nowhere. Perhaps they were right, but then the grammaton cleric of Pangasinan is not giving up.



sonito 128

“poetry has no dominating place

in the mind of Pangasinan”



anggapo’y kaoalaan o lugar

na anlong ed pinablik a luyag

laut la ed saray tobunbalo natan

ya oala’d no anto ‘ran linangan



matabang la’d dila ra’y salita

a sigagalang a pinalesa

na Makauley ed kanonotan

da’ra’y dinidyus tan umaanlong



dia’d inkasil da’ra’y dayon musia

kinmuyep so masnag a lioaoa

ed muling na musia’y Pangasinan



pilatek ni’y oala’d kalangoeran

so manganlong ed bayes a dila

pian narengel ira ed biek taew




In the News: Heaney: Power of poetry lies in effect on individual



While the violence and political strife of his native Northern Ireland have found their way into his poetry, Nobel laureate Seamus Heaney is a realist when it comes to the limits of what language can accomplish.



"I don't think (poetry) can accomplish much in the face of political unrest. It's up to the government to deal with that," Heaney recently told ThisWeek. "Poetry will not change the situation. Poetry can speak to the sense of justice in the individual consciousness. ... I'm talking of really poetry that isn't agitprop protest, poetry that is, as Yeats said, 'an attempt to hold in a single thought reality and justice.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories