Repost: Lady of Manaoag



“Ave Maria napno ka’y grasia
Say Katawan so wala’d sika...”


i too needed some miracles
& so i became one of the many
devotees who touched the hem of Her dress
offered prayers (un)broken novenas
to ease my corporeal afflictions

“Bendita ka’d biin amin
tan Bendito’y bonga’y eges mon si Jesus”


not without some modicum of pleasure
i too adored Her chiseled saintly face
Her Immaculatry!

if only the cherished Lady could speak
‘t would be a miracle granted

no i will not fall on my knees
rather kiss Her lips like a lover
& fill the empty aspects of Her eyes
with psalms
poetry & philosophistry

if only the cherished Lady could speak
truly the heart knows its own pain
for even such a wish is a sin
that saints & angels dare not commit
into mind
& i have sinned in silence

shall i pound my skull
& unpoemed my brain?

i will take my leave from this crowded space
with a wrathful Christ
raging in my breast
they’ve defiled Her most O most sacred shrine
with shops
& stores
& stalls

oh me for a rage about to burst...
they’re no different from the Sadducees
& Pharisees of yore

O hypocrites!

“Santa Marian Ina’y Dyus
pikasi no kamin managkasalanan natan
tan naani no oras la’y ipatey mi. Amen.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories