I've been searching for poems written in Pangasinan language but to no avail. I too am a Pangasinense but I've not written a poem in my native tongue before. I guess it's not too late to start. I hope to come out with an ambitious project -- perhaps a collection of Pangasinan poetry :-)

Those who doesn't know or understand the vernacular may be perplexed with the following poem. I am posting it here for the sons and daughters of Pangasinan to come out with contemporary Pangasinense writings.

duga pa latan bai

natetelek ak lan mandedengel

ed sata'y ag napultot yon

Ama Mi tan Ave Maria

akatangay kayo la ed altar

no onsabi la'y ala sais

awit yo la ta'y rosarion

masile-sileng tan pimmuti la

ed kae-emben yo




nima'y niluto yo balet

inmangob tan atektek la

nima'y sira ed palanggana

agto ni naurasan nen atsi

mikokotoan diman ed biek ya abung

nima'y impesak anggapo ni'y angisirom




duga pa latan bai, duga la

naksel la so kamarerwa yo ed dasal




niya kami balet ay

amputi-puti la'y busaleg

manmulmulagat la ed eras

pialagar mi'y ibaga yo'y

diad ngara'y ama . . .

diad ngara'y anak . . .

tan ispirito santo . . .

mangan tila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories