I've been browsing my rotting notebooks again looking for some trifle writings to revise and I found this unsent letter to a pen pal in Queensland, Australia a few years back.

have just openned the your recent letter
after re-reading the previous ones
learning to pronounce G'day Mate!
in Australian accent
in front of the looking-glass
there's nothing on them really
but words speaking for itself
no such poetry in greetings y'know


anyways, i am glad
the rats in the post office
didn't smell the 20-dollar bill
inside the envelop
't is probably too small for them
to devide and devour
knowing 't is not enuf
to cure their acute ulcer


On the other hand, I am still polishing my poems written in Pangasinan dialect. I'll post the initial collection soon in the Unpoemed & Pangasinan Literature sections of my site.

and YES, just for the poem of it, I too submitted my site for the 4th Philippine Web Awards. I believe it is already listed under the News & Zines category. My site made it as a semi-finalist in the same category last year.
Here I am again, Folks! (talk about die-hard, huh?)

Breaking Signs: A Workshop in Lipa City and the Araw ng Maynila Cultural Awards by Cirilo F. Bautista Full Article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories