Added the Pangasinan section (a small site about the Province of Pangasinan: Its History, People, Culture, the Arts and Literature.) Originally included in the previous layout of my site. I am linking it here for reference purposes.

initiation into the occult

the nipa hut on the hillock
like a solitary chapel
coppered against the sea
of grass where beasts
of burden a-grazing

it is no panoramic scene
or a haunting place for rituals
but the sound of the rushing winds
seems to echo the pagan litanies
and latin orisons

my heart is trembling like a leaf
as i come nearer and nearer
the woodhenge

the fountainhead
facing the cerulean skies
arms raised
softly speaking softly
reading from an empty book
perhaps praying to the anitos
or the hideous Bathala

i am become a sand in a dune
a point in a circle
i am
a shell
a vessel

in my thirst for secret knowledge
i am born and born again
in a Sanskrit dawn
only to find myself alone
like the old hermit who taught me
that the name of God is the first cry
of a newborn child

that very first cry is his covenant
with his creator

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories