Still no response from the literary editor of the Manila Times. Anyway, I've just submitted some of my works for possible inclusion in the forthcoming issues of Sunday Inquirer and Starweek Magazine.



On the other hand, a friend from Switzerland is here in the Philippines on vacation for a couple of weeks now. I was able to meet him last night and I've enjoyed chatting with him.



fragment



things i see for the first time

seem so real... so real

at the moment of seeing

whether with mine eyes

or with my heart

i am moved by their beauty

as if they were remnants

or images vanished from

the face of Iram

but as i grow older

and wiser

the beauty

of the star-studded sky

for instance

do not move me anymore

i might have been running-out

of wonder

just as i'm losing

this child within me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories