I submitted some of my poems for possible inclusion in the forthcoming issue of Ygdrasil, A Journal of the Poetic Arts.



I found this verse in a pile of crumpled papers and old poems. This is a revised version but still a work-in-progress.



serenata



1.



the fancy of love is fled

like a moment of musing

now the heart is bled

i could hear the world laughing



2.



in smiles and laughter

in sighs and tears

my ciryl song well sung

and the thoughts were meant



my struggles and woes

the waves of years

in my tunnels deep

lonely hours spent



3.



where are you O

my Dawn of Red Idle Sun?

the morning garnet glow

i cannot feel O



fairest star do not

this poet's love shun

let live my hopes bound

in chain of metaphors



4.



open your pensive

ere it turns cold

sacred bows do not

my bosom hold



5.



where is your morrow

to is this lingering sorrow?

can it be far behind

where it should shine?



6.



too many a cold night

have i thought of thee

alone with me

in the fairy brae

but suddenly lost thee

when my dreams resigned



7.



what is the beauty of the sky

without the stars that shine at night

beloved, the stars are your eyes

if in reality you are mine

i shall grow in love with thee



8.



and when my time is fled

O Dawn of Red Idle Sun agleam

agleam upon my grave



if your heart lingers not

in that empty place

i shall be a dust

beneath a nameless tombstone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories