I took a half-day leave last Saturday just to see Arts Across Borders at the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) with my friend, Jason. I particularly enjoyed Silence My Soul (a chant based on an Indian Tagore), Hudhud (chants of the Ifugao) and Atchek (an Indonesian Prayer-song). But of course, the food is excellent.

After the food galore, Jason and I watched a couple of movies at the Chinese Film Festival until around 9pm.

I went home with a poem in my head :)

150th sonnet added to Malagilion: Soniton Pangasinan. This is my target and intended number of poems for this poetry collection. But since it will not be published yet, I might as well expand it to 200 sonnets.

sonito 150

anto'y aoey na ag makayari
ed impaletneg iran aoiran?
oala'd dakulap da'y pakaandi
na salita tayon abangonan

bangbalet no oala so ulupan
ya mangantabay ed tobunbalo
ya oala ni'ra ed kalangoeran
nagamoran so pilalek tayo
ya mansiansia so taoir a dila
tan say kulturan katekep tonia

say nakaukulan tayo labat
say pananisian Manlapu ed Siak
say pililiknan anggapo'y salat
o tumang ed Bulos ya Ginaoak

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories