I'm sharing here one of my two poems that appeared in the latest issue of the Philippine Graphic (Sept. 13, vol.15 no.14). The other one is entitled Urduja.

Aristos

i.

I Am
a nameless
Tumatagaumen
haply forgotten
like the builders
and architects of Pay-yo
and the Hanging Garden
of Coffins in Sagada

I Am
an ancient Katholi
without a country of my own
without a church
without a temple
but this empty shell
of flesh

listen
to the flapping
wings of my voice
as I sing and dance
my way into the bamboohenge
or the Pyramid of Asia

i will not feed
five thousand mouths
but a multitude
with a single grain
of rice called Word

now
tell me
what is your miracle?

ii.

the breast of Adam
is the earth where
I will stand
to embrace
the Logos

when I Am
is no more
than a minute dust
and dust
I Am
the hand of
a grammaton cleric
who will sign Death's
death certificate

Nexus: http://www.boldtype.com/
The former web-based literary magazine relaunched in late 2003 as an email-based review, presenting each month a short list of books worth reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories