I'm sharing here one of my two poems that appeared in the latest issue of the Philippine Graphic (Sept. 13, vol.15 no.14). The other one is entitled Urduja.



Aristos



i.



I Am

a nameless

Tumatagaumen

haply forgotten

like the builders

and architects of Pay-yo

and the Hanging Garden

of Coffins in Sagada



I Am

an ancient Katholi

without a country of my own

without a church

without a temple

but this empty shell

of flesh



listen

to the flapping

wings of my voice

as I sing and dance

my way into the bamboohenge

or the Pyramid of Asia



i will not feed

five thousand mouths

but a multitude

with a single grain

of rice called Word



now

tell me

what is your miracle?



ii.



the breast of Adam

is the earth where

I will stand

to embrace

the Logos



when I Am

is no more

than a minute dust

and dust

I Am

the hand of

a grammaton cleric

who will sign Death's

death certificate



Nexus: http://www.boldtype.com/

The former web-based literary magazine relaunched in late 2003 as an email-based review, presenting each month a short list of books worth reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories