My bard-brother, Jason, who is currently in Bicol send a text message three days ago informing me that a couple of my poems appeared in the latest issue of the Philippine Graphic. A reason for me to secure a copy of the said magazine :)

On the other hand, I started the following poem last night and finished the first draft this morning. Still a work-in-progress and subject for massive deconstruction. I posted it at Pinoy Poets e-Group for comments and critiques.

untitled

much younger now
we the poets
of the brave new race

killing each other
with manufactured nuts
and bolts

we are a generation
of serpent-tongues
and x y z

impatient
with the oldspeak
of post&neo-modernism

our poems
consummable fastfoods
bonsaic

haunted by memories
of punctuations and histories
of metres and rhymes

we live our lives
in penthouses of Ivory Towers
reaching it through a backdoor

we are the shadows
of the the elders we stabbed to death
chewed and spewed the pages of their soul

to paint
a transluscent image
of our selves

to sign
our signatures
in time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories