I finally met Angelo Ancheta when he dropped by the office yesterday. I gave him a copy of my Pangasinan poetry book for his collection and we talked about poetry and literature in general over lunch. Bard-brother Gelo, next time ako naman ang taya :-)

Who's afraid of the Pangasinan poets?

I received a text message from Dr. Ma. Crisanta Nelmida-Flores of UP (Filipino Dept.) last night asking if I am interested to join a poetry reading at the Conspiracy. Dr. Flores is the editor of my poetry collection Balikas na Caboloan submitted to the NCCA a couple of years ago for the Ubod series.

As I understand it, it's going to be a poetry reading for Pangasinenses. I don't know any Pangasinan writers based here in Metro Manila except Al Mendoza.

We've not finalized as to when is the reading but I hope as soon as possible.

Pangasinan poets at Conspiracy? Hmmm... I can imagine some poets already conspiring to leave the venue before we could read a line or two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories