Reposting my own translation of the classic Pangasinan love song Malinak la'y Labi with its original lyrics in Pangasinan language.



Calm is the Night



Intro:



I shall not forget you

Till I am laid to rest...



I.



The night is calm my love

And time is fleeting still



The wind is breathing low

Kissed by the evening dew



How sweet it is to dream

That I have to wake for you



Your fair attemper face

I shall always caress



II.



O when the night is come

And you my love I see



The sadness all is gone

Buried deeply in my soul



Whenever I recall

Loving ways you are wont to



I shall not forget you

Till I am laid to rest



(Repeat II & Intro.)




The Pangasinan lyrics in contemporary orthography.



Malinak la'y Labi



Gapo:



Ag ta ka nalingoanan

Angga'd kauyos na bilay...



I.



Malinak la'y labi

Oras la'y mareen



Mapalpalna'y dagem

Katekep to'y linaew



Samit da'y kugip kon

Binangonan kon tampol



Lapu'd say limgas mo

Sikan sika'y amamayoen.



II.



Lalo la bilay

No sika la'y nanengneng



Napunas lan amin

So ermen ya agbibiten



No nanunotan

ko la'y samit da'y ugalim



Ag ta ka nalingoanan

Angga'd kauyos na bilay...



(Uliten so II & Gapo)



Did you know that you can also sing Malinak la'y Labi in the tune of Dandansoy and Pamulinawen?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories