Ritualized in print

My poems Rekindled, In Our Own Age of Renaissance and Poem at Thirty-Six are published in the May 7 issue of the Philippine Graphic.

I also got hold of a copy of the October 16, 2006 issue where my poem "Leaves of Tanka" appeared.

Leaves of Tanka

i.

you are full of life
like a fresh sampaguita
in my May garden
can you not hear my leman
the summer song in the air?

ii.

how can i describe
you who are so dear to me
in a simple poem?
you are like that beautiful
blossom called Murasaki

iii.

i’ll catch that arrow
from the golden bow of love
pierce it if i must
into your heart for the god
of love missed you when he shot

iv.

kiss my wanton lips
when love leaves me all alone
sleep while time is still
O the night will be as long
as the sounds of bamboo songs

v.

pages of love poems
lay lifeless on a table
and a coffee cup
cold as the heart of this bard
longing... yearning for a touch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories