Letters to Marilou

1.

No bright stars not eyes becharm me but thine
sometimes at night my pillow thrice upturn
and spells lovespeak ere I to bed resign
content am i that while the candles burn

You’d dream of me or perchance remember
the one who penned your name upon a sky
I oft include a wish in my prayer
that you beloved marilou are nigh

and if heaven’s sorrow’s brought upon me
for loving the god’s minion rosabel
fain would i walk into my Calvary
but then beloved I shall love you still

alas! my love when the morrow is come
without you beside me I have no home


2.

O when I behold the westering sun
& feel over me the fall of the night
when bamboo leaves I hear
humming as one
sweet symphony ‘neath the gleaming moonlight

And summer’s breathing attemper & low
whispering uncouth sounds in my ears
perhaps untold secrets that i should know
or unheard love songs in the olden years

i think of thee beloved of our prime
still strong still in love

And still young at heart
dancing the tango moments of our time
before the winds of death keep us apart

but bear in mind my love
that I love thee

And this will always remind thee of me

Published in Manila Times / Sunday Magazine (10/30/2011)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About | Santiago Villafania

Gamal: A Collection of Pangasinan Short Stories